Are you planning to set up a business in Singapore? That is definitely a great idea. Singapore is one of the top rated places for new business startups and it can provide you great opportunities for growth. However, if you are new to this place then you may need to follow expert guidelines to apply for licensing and get permits for your business. Note that, licensing requirements for a retail shop at Singapore vary as per the nature of services and goods owner wants to sell at his terminal.
Although it is not essential for all businesses to get licenses at Singapore but they must be registered with ACRA. Still, in order to be on the safer side and to start a business legally at Singapore, it is good to get an appropriate business license. Also, it is important to know that in order to start any business at this location; the company must be first registered.
Those who are interested to start a retail business in Singapore will find these mentioned details useful as a beginner:
Get Business Permit in Singapore:
As per Singapore rules and regulations, anyone can start import and export of non-controlled goods at this place without any license. But in case if you want to sell controlled goods then it is essential to get a right license for the type of goods you are planning to trade. Some common examples of controlled goods include food products, animals, petrochemicals, drugs, cigarettes and other tobacco products. You can find a complete list of license specific goods online with ease.
Getting License for Retail Business:
Depending upon the type of goods you want to sell at your business terminal, you can apply for licenses at different offices.
- License for tobacco products is issued by Health Science Authority in the city.
- There is a separate liquor license board that provides licenses to the liquor retail stores.
- In case if you want to deal in telecommunication side then you have to apply for a license at Info-comm Development Authority at Singapore. With this license, you can import, sale, hire, manufacture, or offer the sale of approved telecom equipment.
- Those who want to open a pet shop are advised to contact AVA; they will provide you a license for export, sale or display of pet in the area. However, there is no need to get any license if you are just selling pet accessories or other grooming products.
- Some of you might be interested to get a wholesale dealer’s license to trade Chinese Proprietary Licenses for such retail stores are provided by Health Sciences Authority of Singapore (HSA). They follow guidelines of Medicine Act to provide a permit for sale and importation.
- The retail pharmacy licenses can be obtained from HAS.
- A retail store for selling cosmetic products will also need a license from HAS department.
Probably, this information will help you to contact right service providers in the city to get a license for your new business. Good luck for a new opportunity.